This is a family favourite in our house.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 1-1.5kg beef mince (the better quality mince you use the better the sauce will taste)
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 500 g passata
- 10-15 small tomatoes (top tip for better taste: pre-cook them in the oven with a little olive oil, a dash of white wine and salt and pepper for about 35 minutes on 200 degrees)
- fresh thyme and rosemary (or use dried if you don’t have fresh use dried herbs)
- 1 beef stock cube
- Dash of red wine
- salt and pepper
- Fry your onion and garlic until soft then add the meat
- season with salt and pepper
- Brown all the meat
- add a dash of red wine
- add your stock cube and herbs and stir
- add your tomatoes and passata and stir
- Bring it to the boil, stir it and turn the heat down and leave it to simmer for at least 1 1/2hrs (you don’t have to cook it for that long if you don’t have time but the longer it cooks the better it taste)
- if you find it cooks dry before the meat is soft add a little water.
- Then taste and season if needed
Serve with fresh vegetables (avocado rocks with bolognese) or courgetti and if you fancy some carbs have a bit of rice, home cooked potato chips or home cooked sweet potato chips with it.