Pork and Fennel Stirfry
Ingredients (Makes 2 big portions)
- 1tbsp oil (sesame or walnut add good flavour – else use olive/ sunflower)
- 1 large onion sliced thinly
- 200- 250g sliced pork loin
- 1 fennel root sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper
- 2 courgettes halved and sliced on the diagonal
- 2 handfuls mangetout or sugar snap
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Put a non stick frying pan or wok on a medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot add the garlic, ginger and onion, stir and heat until the onion begins to go transparent.
- Add the thinly sliced pork and stir with the onion until pork is sealed.
- Add the fennel and keep stirring to prevent sticking/ burning.
- Finally add the red pepper, strips of courgette and mangetout.
- If necessary add a tablespoon of water to the pan (with caution) keep stirring for 5 mins.
Stir through the soy sauce and heat for another minute – serve immediatel