Stuffed mini courgettes with spicy beef
Perfect for cold Autumn evenings, comfort food without the starchy carbs!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 x medium sized courgettes or other suitable/ interesting courgettes/pumkins
- Red onion diced
- 500g minced beef
- 1 tbsp Curry paste/ curry spices
- 1/4 beef stock cube
- Olive oil as required
- 2tbsp grated cheese such as Parmesan/ mozzarella or cheddar
Pre-heat oven at 180°C
- Prepare the squashes by slicing a small slice off top and bottom to level of the surface it will rest on. Then slice in two equal pieces horizontally. Use a small knife and spoon to scoop out the centre of the squash making room for your filling but leaving enough thickness to maintain strength in the “bowl”.
- Brush the inside of each squash-half with oil and place on a non stick baking sheet in the preheated oven for 20-25minutes until the flesh is soft enough to drive a blunt knife into.
- Prepare the mince beef by frying it with the red onion until it is all browned. Add curry paste/ spice and stock cube (dry) add water a table spoon at a time until the beef has enough liquid to make it stir & mix easily but not enough to make it wet. Fry and stir for a further 5minutes until the beef is cooked through and not too dry.
- Once squashes are cooked adequately, spoon the mixture into and over the four individual squash “bowls” and top with cheese.
- Return to oven for another 15-20minutes until cheese is browned/bubbling.
Serve hot immediately with fresh vegetables, also yummy reheated the next day in the microwave and served with a salad. Yum! Enjoy!