My Apfelstrudel without pastry recipe
This is a perfect pudding now it is apple season:)
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2-3)
- 6-8 Bramley apples, peeled, cored, quartered and sliced
- 2-3 pears peeled, cored, quartered and sliced
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ unwaxed lemon, zest only
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tsp honey (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 75g raisins
- Mix the apples and pears with the cinnamon, lemon zest and juice, Dash of water, honey, vanilla extract
- Cook them In a small frying pan until the apples and pears are soft.
- Mash them slightly with a fork.
- Add the raisins and cook until soft
- Serve with a spoonful of full fat Greek yoghurt and chopped nuts sprinkled on top