Breakfast egg muffins
Make your breakfast in advance and just heat for 1 minute in the morning with these awesome breakfast muffins!
- 5 eggs, separated
- 30g cheddar cheese Grated
- 45g baconchopped and fried crispy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 small courgette grated
- 1 onion chopped (optional)
- a pinch of dried or fresh chilli flakes (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Using the olive oil & a brush grease silicon cup cake cases (or tin)
- Mix the remainder of the oil with the egg yolks (reserve whites separately), add the courgette, onion, bacon and pepper.
- Sprinkle the baking powder, salt, black pepper, chilli and grated cheese over the mix and mix well in
- Whisk the egg whites until they are starting to be fluffy and form peaks.
- Pour the egg white mix over the main mixture and gently fold in
- Spoon mixture into cup cake tin/ cases and cook in oven.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until muffins are risen and golden incolour. Leave to cool before carefully removing (this is when using a silicon mould is most beneficial)
- Serve hot or cold on their own or with a salad. Enjoy!